This is why in the body of Christ today:
HOW DID THE BELIEVERS GET HERE?
· Whatever the leadership of the church projects to the people from the altar, that is what they worship. What you constantly behold, you ultimately become.
· The church bought into the lies of Satan and ran with his doctrine of gain, carnality and material acquisition.
· You can’t pursue gain and not compromise – telling of lies, cutting corners, engaging in fraudulent activities.
HEAR ME From the beginning it was not so, we can change the narrative in our time, we can redirect the focus of the believer to embrace godliness again.
WHAT IS GODLINESS? Godliness is how much of God you have become. From the beginning, God created man in His image and likeness. Genesis 1:26-27. Man lost this nature when he fell. Christ came to restore man back to that original nature. Colossians 1:13. It follows that a successful man is one who has progressively and successfully become more and more like God.
Godliness is profitable unto all things. It happens when you resolve to be like God in conduct, character, in word. 1 Tim 4:7-8
In pursuing after godliness, you must look at all the qualities and attributes of God and diligently seek to posses them and walk in them practically all your life. Galatians 5:22-24 In so doing, questions like;
· God is love; how much of God’s love have I internalized?
· God is a blesser; to what degree am I a blessing to my world?
· God is holy, kind, longsuffering, meek; to what degree are these qualities of God operating in my life?
· God is all powerful; has never lost a battle. His kingdom is not in word but in power. How much of God’s power are you exercising to be a solution to your world? You can’t be godly and be a victim like everyone else in the world 1 Cor 2:4, Psalm 66:3
· Our redemption and salvation came on the ticket of sacrificing self and laying down one’s life John 15:13
· Jesus recommends the same for everyone that must be His disciple Luke 14:33, Mark 10:21-22
· The saints of old followed this pattern Phil 3:4-8, Acts 4:34-35
· We cannot claim to be Jesus’ disciples and follow any other pattern. We must contend for this faith that was once delivered to us. Jude 1:3.
1. O God, engrace us wherever we find ourselves to show forth the light of truth, stronger than ever before in the name of Jesus
2. Father, may my life count for much as I partner with You in making Your dream happen on the earth in this season.