Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.
“The cost of fear is directly proportional to the magnitude of your success.”
In Mark 4:35-40, JESUS’ disciples encountered a great storm that almost sank their ship. JESUS was right there in the boat when the boisterous waves began to blow. His disciples were afraid but JESUS was having a nap. He did not fear their fear. He was in the same boat; He was facing the same situation but He was not moved. Why?
- His trust and confidence in God – Psalm 16:8-11
- His understanding of His identity in God – Romans 8:15
- His faith was in place – Romans 4:20
What a disaster it would have been if JESUS was not in that ship; the disciples could have drowned. Fear can cost you so much and can deny you so much as well. There are steps you should have taken few months back or few years back which you did not take out of fear. There are opportunities of advancement you have missed because of fear. There are people who should have been blessed by you but that never happened because of fear.
- The fear of giants kept a generation of Israel away from the Promised Land; they died in the wilderness.
- Saul and the entire Israel nation were under siege for 40 days by the fear of Goliath, until David’s faith saved the day.
- The fear of the law kept the woman with the issue of blood from her miracle until she decided to put her faith to work.
Just Do It
- You too can burst your fears and decide for a life of endless triumphs. You don’t have the spirit of fear, you have the spirit of power
- The Power of Faith – Faith always wins. Faith is the secret of champions. JESUS was asleep in the ship because His faith was in place.
- The Power of Right Confessions – JESUS spoke to the storm and there was a great calm. Build up your faith with strong confessions that line up with the Word of God.
- The Power of Seed-Faith – Your seed is the only power you have over your future. The day Abraham sacrificed Isaac, he conquered and buried the fear of childlessness. Smash that fear with your seed.
- By the Power of the Holy Ghost, let every bondage of fear in my life be terminated, in the Name of JESUS.
- By fire and by force, I shake off the grip of fear over my life, over my family, over everything that concerns me, in the Name of JESUS.
- All negative doors that the spirit of fear has opened in the past, be closed now, in the Name of JESUS.
- In the Name of JESUS, I refuse to fear, because God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
OLD TESTAMENT: NEHEMIAH 10 – 11
NEW TESTAMENT: ROMANS 1