If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.
Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver.
For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.
When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.
“There is no havoc that has overtaken you that returning to God cannot eliminate; no demotion that He can’t set aside and give you a promotion.”
There is a provision in God for a life of total prosperity for His people, a life of success, a life that the devil finds it impossible to destroy. According to the opening Scripture, it begins with returning to the Almighty. What does it mean to return to God? How do we return to God?
Before we return, we first wander away from God in different ways –
- We wander away from God in our thoughts and in our mentality. It is about having a mentality that is not God-based, a mentality that thinks about your abilities other than the ability of God; a mentality that thinks that it will take you to get it done, discountenancing the God-factor.
- We wander away from God when we wander away from the Word. Whenever you turn away from the Word, you’ve turned away from God. You cannot separate a man from his word. Turning away from the Word means, not paying attention to the Word; not running your life with the Word; not walking in the Word.
- We turn away from God in our hearts; when our hearts get overtaken by many things; when the greatest treasure, obsession and passion of your heart is not God. You worship God with your mouth, say all the right things but your heart does not beat after Him. When your heart is right with Him, then many things will follow because where your heart is, your everything responds to Him – your service will be with Him, your sacrifices will be with Him, the meditations of your heart every time will be about Him, you will want to please Him at all times.
- We turn away from God when we live and walk in sin; when you allow sin to have dominion over you.
- The Word of God is saying to us today, “If thou return to the Almighty…”, there are great promises awaiting us because God is committed to His Word and honours anyone who cares to return to Him.
Just Do It
- Do a quick assessment of where you are in your relationship with God and prayerfully go to Him in repentance. You must take the first step – “Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you…” James 4:8
- Be willing to retrace your steps; you cannot survive in the darkness. Forsake the thoughts, attitudes, and actions that made you wander away from God.
- Lord JESUS, I stretch out my hands to You in total surrender. I turned away from You and allowed my senses to lead me on. Have mercy on me and take me back. I need Your help more than ever before, forsake me not.
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
OLD TESTAMENT: 1
OLD TESTAMENT: 2 KINGS 21 – 22
NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 4