By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
Hebrews 11:4, 5, 7, 8
“Your assignment in life is summarized in just one verse.”
After all is said and done, your life will be summarized based on whether you achieved the purpose for which you were sent to the world. And you need to know that what passes for achievement in the sight of God is accomplishing the purpose for which you were born, or the ever increasing progress in the fulfillment of your assignment.
opening Scripture highlights four characters of whom I call the Stars of God.
- Abel was the first man to be called righteous after the fall. The Bible did not tell us about the work that Abel did, the wealth he acquired, the mansions he built, but we know that Abel achieved something; he was a Star of God, his name is in the Honour Roll of Faith. What was his achievement? Righteousness.
- Enoch walked with God and pleased God all the 365 years he lived. God was so pleased with Enoch that He (God) did not allow him (Enoch) to taste death. For all the years he lived, his achievement was summarized in this testimony, that he pleased God; he was a Star of God.
- Noah received a mandate to build an ark. Without a shadow of doubt, Noah was obviously a wealthy man; if he was not wealthy, God would not have committed such magnitude of project into his hands. It was not his wealth that was recorded in the Scripture, Noah was called heir of righteousness by faith, a Star of God.
- Abraham was wealthy, great, highly envied but these were not recorded in the final Scriptures of his life. All the things that Abraham had and achieved on this side of Jordan did not matter. His assignment was to be the Father of Faith, a Star of God. And he showed himself faithful, he passed his exam as the Father of Faith and that is all that is written there, in just one verse. He lived for over a hundred years but his life’s purpose was summarized in one verse of Scripture.
In the sight of God, these men, among others, fulfilled their assignment on the earth; they were achievers, there were Stars of God. They lived all their days following after what pleased God. What will it be for you?
Just Do It
- Search out what the one verse that summarizes your life has to say and give maximum attention to it.
- Oh God, lead me to the path of destiny fulfillment; may I not miss it, in the Name of JESUS.
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
OLD TESTAMENT: 2 KINGS 11 – 12
NEW TESTAMENT: ACTS 2